HTC Desire X has not been much popular but it still encloses a bunch of healthy specifications. As a matter of fact, the unpopularity of this phone is kind of meaningless.
But whatever the case maybe, I personally like this smartphone a lot; it brings you with a very good bunch of specifications. However, there is still one problem which you might face – due to the unpopularity; there are really less custom ROMs available for this Phone.
The HTC Desire X comes with Ice Cream Sandwich as a stock firmware and was previously not considered capable enough to handle Jelly Bean 4.1.1.
However, I guess HTC widened their horizons and realised that the HTC Desire X can really take hold of Jelly Bean 4.1.1, in fact, the specifications are just fit for the Jelly Bean OS.
Or the other way round, what I actually mean is that HTC has started to roll out the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 update for the HTC Desire X in a really few regions, maybe only a few thousand square meters.
And as a result, it is testing the patience of thousands of its users in other regions. But guess what? Yes you have got it right, XDA Developers have got their backs and have uploaded a Deodexed version of the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 stock ROM. It works just like the stock Jelly Bean 4.1.1 ROM with HTC Sense 4+. The only thing different thing in it is that it is pre-rooted.
Anyways, today we are going to acquaint you guys to the way by which you will be able to manually update and install the deodexed Jelly Bean 4.1.1 ROM on your HTC Desire X.
If you are used to this stuff then this might not be a problem for you, however, let me tell you that as it is a stock ROM, therefore the method will be a bit different as compared to the method used to install a typical custom ROM (due to ICS hboot).
- Make sure all the USB drivers for your HTC are installed (including HTC Sync)
- Root your phone as well
- Install TWRP recovery on your phone (not CWM)
- Download the ROM and copy it to your SD card
- Download ICShboot toolkit
- Take a NanDroid backup
Steps to Install and Update to Jelly Bean 4.1.1
- Boot into recovery and perform a factory reset
- Install the ROM file now
- Press the Home button> click reboot and then choose BOOTLOADER
- Now you need to mod the hboot, when you are into the bootloader, go in the fastboot mode and connect your phone to your PC with USB
- Now open the ICShboot toolkit
- Now double click on Install boot.img
- Wait for the CMD to complete its command and then it will tell you to press any key to continue
Right after this, you will have Jelly Bean 4.1.1 installed on your Desire X. However, remember that in order to boot into the OS, you need to go back into the bootloader and then select the option “recovery”(always).